As part of our ongoing commitment to practical and efficient legal service we provide the following articles on various areas of law:
Power of Attorney Guide
This guide addresses questions such as:
- What is an Enduring Power of Attorney?
- Who can appoint an attorney?
- What happens if you lose mental capacity?
- Who should I appoint as my attorney
- May I limit what I want my attorney to do?
- What happens if my attorney should die or lose capacity?
- Can my attorney appoint someone else to take over as my attorney?
- Must I register the Enduring Power of Attorney?
- When should I make an Enduring Power of Attorney?
- May I revoke my Enduring Power of Attorney?
Enduring Guardian Guide
This guide addresses the following questions:
- What is an Enduring Guardian?
- Who can appoint an Enduring Guardian?
- Who can be Enduring Guardian?
- What sort of decisions can an Enduring Guardian make?
- What decisions can’t an Enduring Guardian make?
- What principles guide Enduring Guardians?
- How many Guardians can I appoint?
- What are joint and alternative Enduring Guardians?
- Can I change my mind?
- What happens if my Enduring Guardian cannot continue?
- When does enduring guardianship end?
Steps to Settlement
This guide outlines the steps taken in your purchase or sale of property, from pre-approval of finance and draft contracts right through to moving in or out.